If you are anything like us, you just got done celebrating the holidays, and are still recovering from the copious amounts of treats and goodies we seem to consume while being with family. The New Year is here, and we begin to reflect on what we have accomplished and what our new goals for 2017 will be. 45% of Americans make New Year Resolutions each year, and among the top goals set are: to get organized, spend less and save more, and to stay fit and healthy. There are a few individuals out there that may be able to celebrate achieving their 2016 goal, and are ready for the next challenge. Then, there is everyone else, and at this moment are questioning why they can never seem to reach that goal. That won’t be this year. We have put together a few helpful tips to get you off in the right direction to achieve your 2017 resolutions.
- Have a Planner and Use It:
- Create an easy and practical task list
- Do one thing at a time, and do it now!
- Color Code
- If you have a diet and fitness goal create a section in your planner to track what you have eaten and the workout routine
- Stick to a Routine
- Having a routine builds good habits, and increase your efficiency
- Wake up and Workout: according to a study from Appalachian State University, opting for a 45-minute a.m. work out could cause your metabolism to increase, helping your body continue to burn calories throughout the day.
- Take time to mediate at the end of the day as well, to reflect and relax after tensions from everyday life. Add a drop of Meditation Magic to boost flexibility, joint health, give cognitive boost, and mood elevation.
- Have a good breakfast: if you don’t you are more likely to be tempted by unhealthy and high calorie foods later.
- Start your day off with something filling, to fight off cravings later. Add a tablespoon of Green Superfood powder to your morning smoothie, and it may provide benefits such as increased stamina, reduced food cravings, weight loss, mental clarity, healthy blood sugar, immune system support, improved digestion, detoxifying effects.
Spend less and Save more.
- Create a Budget
- Check your accounts (ie checking, and savings) to know what your have
- Record you net income
- Record your expenses
- Determine your debt
- Set monthly amounts to put into savings, or retirement funds
- Track, Monitor, and create self-discipline
- Put any money that floats your way into savings:
- Maybe your Grandma still sends you a five dollar bill on your birthday, or you scored a large tax refund. Set that money aside instead of blowing it on a purchase you may regret.
- Check sales and use coupons all the time.
- Be on the look for coupons in your local paper or flyers in the mail
- Right now we a have our New Year’s Sale going from January 4-8, 2017. Save on items that will help you reach your get healthy goals. We always have coupons floating around to help you save every day.
- Be optimistic, and don't feel bad if you splurge every once in awhile.
Stay Fit and Healthy
- Drink lots of Water
- Water boosts your metabolism; the more water you have the more efficient your body runs. The formula for water use to be 8 glasses a day is key. Now, we have learned that water intake is based on body type. For example a 160 pound should drink around 107 ounces a day, while someone closer to 250 pounds will want to drink 168 ounces a day.
- If you get bored of drinking just water, switch it up with a glass of tea. Try our Sleepyhead tea to help you unwind and relax after a long day of achieving goals!
- Watch your Portions
- Make sure that you pay attention to food labels, and the serving sizes given.
- If you are making dinner at home, check out this “handy” portion size chart.
- Curb your sweet tooth